Bart, Lisa and Maggie are asking for trick or treats nearby at a cemetery when ghosts from deceased children and other creatures start chasing them. They eventually end up cornered, but a monster comes out of Frank Grimes's grave, scaring all the ghosts. The monster captures Bart, peels him like a banana and eats his vitals, but when he tries to do the same with Lisa, Maggie (dressed as a bee) stings his tongue.
The kids escape the monster by going home and hiding under the couch, where Homer and Marge are, but Homer laughs and the says that there's no such things as ghosts. At this moment, the deceased kids' ghosts and the monster break into the house, scaring Homer. The monster captures Homer's soul and eats it, leaving only his unanimated body. Marge then remembers that "now it's time for the cartoon".
- Bart: Trick or treat!
- Man: On this filthy night of evil
- Little gaudy beggars stroll
- As they lure ghouls, ghosts and goblins
- Hungry for their innocent souls.
- There is a hellish breeze a-groanin'
- As the children they pursue
- You can hear their bellies moanin'
- They might even gnaw on you.
- But ruler of this sordid host
- More ghastly than them all
- Lurks a ravenous beastly monster
- More than 25 feet tall!
- Lisa: (screams)
- Men: He's dirty and he's hairy
- And his mouth tastes just like crap
- Like you, he's trick-or-treating
- For some candies to unwrap!
- The Lord abhors your foul disguise
- You thought to cloak your skin
- But now you've lured this fiend from Hell
- Who craves your soul within!
- Children: He's hungry for your vitals.
- He likes you moist and ripe.
- And should he find you spiced with sin
- Then you're his favorite type.
- Men: He'll chew your juicy insides
- Masticate you till you're pulp
- Every little soul he'll swallow
- With a stinky-ass gulp!
- Homer: (Laughs) There's no such thing as ghosts, you dumb kids! (the monster eats Homer's soul)
- Marge: And now it's time for the cartoon!
- According to Al Jean, this couch gag was supposed to air during Treehouse of Horror XXV, but as John was working hard on it, they decided to delay it.