|First Appearance||"In Marge We Trust"|
Japan is a country in the continent of Asia. The capital city is Tokyo.
Japan was the originator of the Osaka Flu epidemic in Springfield (a Japanese worker who was sick with the flu coughed into several packages that were headed for Springfield).
The Simpson family once visited Japan, ending up losing all their resources. Most of their money was used up to bail Homer and Bart out of jail after an incident where, due to Homer's stupidity, they ended up throwing Emperor Akihito into a washbin for worn mawashi, and the few cash remaining was lost to the wind when Homer made it into an origami. They were then forced to take part in a game show to win tickets back to Springfield. They win after being embarrassed on the show, which is revealed to be the main idea, and get to go home.
Homer also made a phone call to Japan after finding out his resemblance to Mr. Sparkle, a dishwasher detergent mascot who originated from Japan.
- Bart watches a TV show called 'Battling Seizure Robots' while in Japan. It results in the family having seizures. 'Battling Seizure Robots' is based on an early episode of Pokémon called 'Electric Soldier Porygon'. This episode was banned worldwide as it caused over 600 Japanese children to have epileptic seizures.
- According to Homer, 'the guy who washes the elephants at the zoo is Japanese, and is called Takashi'. He is in Homer's book club.
- The currency of Japan, the Yen's exchange rate is, 1 dollar is worth about 100 yen; with 1 Yen being equivalent to 1 cent.
- Episode – "In Marge We Trust"
- Episode – "Das Bus" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo"
- Video game – The Simpsons Game