|Occupation||Bowling Instructor (Former)|
|Relatives||Lover: Marge Simpson Girlfriend: Mindy Simmons|
|First Appearance||Life on the Fast Lane|
|Voiced By||Albert Brooks|
Jacques is a bowling instructor who pursued an affair with Marge Simpson.
Jacques offers to teach Marge Simpson to bowl after she receives a bowling ball for her birthday. He is captivated by Marge and slowly tries to woo her. While at brunch, which Jacques explains as "not quite breakfast, not quite lunch, but you get a slice of cantalope at the end". Jacques finds the courage to ask Marge back to his apartment in Fiesta Terraces. Though this happens off-screen, he ends up alone when Marge chooses to stick with her true love Homer. It remained unknown what happened to Jacques after this. Marge believed that his last name was "Brunswick", because it was engraved on his bowling ball yet that was really only the brand of his ball.
Jacques is somewhat of a Casanova and mainly seems to try to seduce his clients instead of actually teaching them anything. In later episodes he can be briefly seen. In Burns' Heir he is seen kissing Edna Krabappel on a secret camera. The footage is briefly seen in Burns' Surveillance Room.
Behind the LaughterEdit
- Jacques was voiced by Albert Brooks in the episode "Life on the Fast Lane", his second appearance on the show.
- Beginning with season 2, Jacques was in the opening sequence.
- "Life on the Fast Lane" initially saw Brooks voice Björn, a Swedish tennis instructor, but Brooks thought a Frenchman would be funnier so it was changed.
- A picture of Jacques was hanging in a bowling shop in the episode Homer Alone, when Marge was going to fix Homer's bowling ball.
- Coincidentally, Marge would later be revealed to be of French heritage, similar to Jacques' presumed country of origin.