| Jacqueline Ingrid Bouvier|
|Hair||Tall gray beehive|
|Relatives|| Mother: Alvarine Bisque|
Father: Ferdinand Gurney
- “I have laryngitis and it hurts to talk. So I'll say one thing. You never do anything right”
- ―Jacqueline Bouvier
Famous Quote: "I'm a dog"
Jacqueline Ingrid "Jackie" Bouvier (née Gurney) is the mother of Selma, Patty and Marge Bouvier, the maternal grandmother of Bart, Hugo (non-canon), Lisa, and Maggie Simpson and Ling Bouvier, and the widow of the late Clancy Bouvier. She also had a sister named Gladys, who is now deceased.
Common Bouvier Traits Edit
Jacqueline shares many Bouvier family traits with her daughters. When Marge was a little girl, Jacqueline had a blue beehive hairdo like Marge's, and her voice was also very similar to Marge's as an adult. However, Jacqueline still has traits in common with Patty and Selma; a pessimistic and critical outlook on life, rarely smiling.
While she may also have a generally negative opinion of Homer like Patty and Selma, it does not show as much as does Marge's sisters. The closest negative point that Jacqueline got to Homer was when she asked that he never call her "Mom", although this may have meant she did not like the term, not necessarily that she did not like having Homer for a son-in-law. Jacqueline's attitude towards Homer seems to have softened over the years; she even states that "Patty and Selma are a sort of evil" when they purposely provoked Homer one night.
Romantic Relationships Edit
Jacqueline had a brief romance with Abraham Simpson, her son-in-law Homer's father. However, she broke up with him when she was wooed by billionaire Charles Montgomery Burns, whom she nearly married before Abraham's intervention made her decide she was better off alone; Abraham was delighted nevertheless and stated "Works for me!" When she broke up with Charles. She met a young man named Clancy. She married him 23 days later.
Behind the Laughter Edit
Simpsons creator Matt Groening named Jacqueline after Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. She has the tallest hair of any Simpsons character. According to a DVD commentary, her appearance was created by "taking Marge's model and squashing it."
Most of Jacqueline's roles are brief, background roles, the bold text indicates her major role.
- Episode – "Moaning Lisa" (flashback)
- Episode – "Bart vs. Thanksgiving"
- Episode – "The Way We Was" (flashback)
- Episode – "I Married Marge" (flashback)
- Episode – "Black Widower"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror III"
- Episode – "Selma's Choice"
- Episode – "Lady Bouvier's Lover"
- Episode – "Another Simpsons Clip Show"
- Episode – "Fear of Flying" (flashback)
- Episode – "And Maggie Makes Three" (flashback)
- Episode – "Mother Simpson" (photo)
- Episode – "A Fish Called Selma"
- Episode – "A Milhouse Divided"
- Episode – "Burns, Baby Burns" (Cameo)
- Episode – "The Regina Monologues" (cameo)
- Episode – "Sleeping with the Enemy" (non-speaking role)
- Episode – "There's Something About Marrying"
- Episode – "Moe Letter Blues"
- Episode – "Moe Goes from Rags to Riches" (dancing at Moe's with Patty and Selma)
- Episode – "The Daughter Also Rises" (seen in a couch gag)
- Episode – "Changing of the Guardian" (photo)
- Episode – "Four Regrettings and a Funeral" (Seen at the church)
- – The Simpsons Movie (seen on wedding video)
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found