|First Appearance||"The Italian Bob"|
Italy is a country in Europe and its capital city is Rome. The country has a lot of tourist attractions such as the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Colosseum and Venice.
The Simpsons visited Italy when Homer was given the task of picking up Mr. Burns' new Lamborgotti Fasterossa and shipping it back to Springfield. Along the way, they encountered Sideshow Bob and he took up his old vendetta against Bart and the rest of the family.
Several people in Springfield and/or whom the Simpsons know are from Italy, including Sideshow Bob's wife and son (Francesca Terwilliger and Gino Terwilliger), Enrico Irritazio and Don Vittorio DiMaggio (who once referred to himself as an "old Italian stereotype"). In addition, a number of Springfielders have stereotypical Italian accents, such as Luigi Risotto and Fat Tony. Also, Milhouse speaks fluent Italian, having learned it from his grandmother, Nana Sophie Van Houten, who is originally from Italy. In the silent movie Dunderhead Deputies in Farmyard Follies, a character named Italian Pete appears.
- Episode – "Homie the Clown" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "New Kids on the Blecch" (Bart disguise)
- Episode – "The Italian Bob"
- Episode – "Funeral for a Fiend" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Homerazzi" (Mentioned)
- Couch gag – "Simpsons Chasing Couch couch gag"[src]<a href="link=List of couch gags"></a> Couch gag – "Simpsons Chasing Couch couch gag"[src]