|Homer the Great||
- The entire episode is a spoof of secret societies such as the Masons and Skull and Bones.
- The couch gag of this episode is a parody of M.C. Escher's Relativity style environment.
- Homer saying "all I have to do is follow the yellow drip road" is a reference to Glinda the Good Witch's quote "all you have to do, is follow the yellow brick road", in the iconic movie "The Wizard of Oz".
- Stonecutter numbers: Lenny is number 12, Carl is number 14, and Mr. Burns is number 29, which means that Lenny and Carl outrank him in the Stonecutter pecking order. Homer is given number 908.
- In the animated series SpongeBob SquarePants, the episode "Cephalopod Lodge" is very similar to Homer the Great. The plot of the episode is that SpongeBob gets Squidward banned from an ancient society.
- On "The Simpsons: Virtual Springfield", once you reach "Stonecutters'", Homer, singing, and the other Stonecutters' members are reenacting the "Stonecutters' Theme" segment of this episode.
- This is a list of men in Springfield that didn't join the Stonecutters (some have a reason):
- Homer (after the Stonecutters were named Ancient Society of No Homers)
- Grampa (Homer took his license)
- Flanders (is a Christian and this is a Godless society)
- Reverend Lovejoy (see above)
- Blue-haired Lawyer
- Lionel Hutz
- Professor Frink
- Superintendent Chalmers
- Arnie Pye
- Dr. Nick
- Comic Book Guy
- Troy McClure
- Judge Snyder (he's a judge; can't get time off)
- Old Jewish Man
- Snake (likely in jail)
- Quimby's Bodyguards
- Rainier Wolfcastle
- Otto (Perhaps complained of "false advertising" upon realizing the Stonecutters don't get stoned. Worst joke ever.)
- Larry (barfly)
- Sideshow Bob (in jail)
- Bumblebee Man
- Sea Captain (too busy being a fisherman)
- Fat Tony
- Louie (mafia)
- Kearney (likely because he's still in school)
Items seen on Homer's revenge list Edit
- Bill of Rights
- Fat Free Lard
- Billy Crystal
- The Boy
- Stern Lecture Plumbing
- Econo Save
- The robe that the Stonecutter guard wore was the same standard burgundy colour as all the other Stonecutters when Homer was perring out of the bush, but when Homer attempted to go through the doors, the guard's robe switched to black.
- Kirk Van Houten was drawn slightly off-model when Grampa and Homer entered the Stonecutters headquarters.