|Halloween of Horror||
Cultural References Edit
- Homer whistles the theme song from the 1978 horror movie Halloween, refering to it as a "happy tune".
- The Krustyland event "Halloween Horror Night" is a likely reference to Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights events which are done at Universal's theme parks in Orlando, Hollywood, Singapore, and at Osaka, Japan.
- Ned mentions the Treehouse of Horror series, asking Homer if he had enough of the treehouse to tell three terrifying tales, to which Homer replies that they're doing it next week.
- The musical number in this episode is a reference to the song Time Warp from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Rainier Wolfcastle was shown dressed as Jessica Rabbit (from Who Framed Roger Rabbit) for Halloween.
- Some of the adults' costumes:
- Melvin Van Horne: Riff Raff from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Bernice Hibbert: Angel.
- Julius Hibbert: Devil.
- Krusty the Clown: Ancient Greek.
- Horatio McCallister: Hobbit.
- Otto Mann: Hobbit.
- Cookie Kwan: Slutty Crayon.
- Lindsey Naegle: Slutty Crayon.
- Clancy Wiggum: Frankenstein's monster.
- Sarah Wiggum: Dominatrix.
- Moe Szyslak: Pharaoh.
- Elizabeth Hoover: Steampunk woman.
- Princess Kashmir: Steampunk woman.
- Hans Moleman: Steampunk man.
- Jonathan Frink: Steampunk man.
- Kumiko Albertson: Steampunk woman.
- Jeffrey Albertson: Steampunk man.
- Miss Springfield: Carrie White.
- Patty Bouvier: Cavewoman.
- Selma Bouvier: Marie Antoinette.
- Akira: Zombie.
- Judge Constance Harm: Cruella de Vil.
- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon: Army veteran.
- Snake Jailbird: Elvis Presley.
- Doris Freedman: Slutty cop.
- Mrs. Muntz: Wonder Woman.
- Manjula Nahasapeemapetilon: Indian princess.
- Bumblebee Man: Priest.
- Lurleen Lumpkin: Western saloon dancer.
- Ruth Powers: Daenerys Targaryen.
- Kent Brockman: David Bowie.
- Barney Gumble: Borat Sagdiyev.
- Herman Hermann: Austin Powers.
- Luann Van Houten: Slutty Squirrel.
- Kirk Van Houten: Acorn.
- Rainier Wolfcastle: Jessica Rabbit.
- Groundskeeper Willie: Rosie the Riveter.
- Agnes Skinner: Amy Winehouse.
- Timothy Lovejoy, Jr.: Rock fan.
- Helen Lovejoy:Rock fan.
- Waylon Smithers, Jr.: Geisha.
- Dewey Largo: Geisha.
- Grizzly Shaun: Geisha.
- Jasper Beardly: Steampunk man.
- Disco Stu: Diver.
- Nick Riviera: Steampunk man.
- Some of the Springfield Elementary Students' costumes:
- First Non-Treehouse of Horror Halloween themed episode.
- This episode was rated TV-14 .
- Homer give false advice to the viewers to what they would expect in Treehouse of Horror XXVI.
- Post credits scene: Maggie finds Tailee and the Halloween theme plays as the camera zooms in Maggie's eye pupil.
- When Homer sits on the couch to calm Lisa down, he puts a popcorn bowl beside her, but when the three employees ring the doorbell, the bowl disappears and Homer places a puzzle box on it's place.
- The products at Apu's halloween store change places between scenes.
- When Homer and Lisa are running upstairs in panic because of the intruders, Tailee disappears from Lisa's hand. It reappears when they are upstairs.
- The same mistake occurs when Lisa is climbing onto the roof: Tailee disappears when Homer is holding her and reappears when she gives it to Homer.