The Simpsons rush onto the couch, with Homer as a zombie from The Devil's Backbone, Marge as a giant blue cockroach from Mimic, and Maggie holding a steering wheel. Suddenly, Lisa is sucked in. She falls down à la Alice in Wonderland, passing different things floating (e.g. cuckoo clocks and cards) in the air, wearing a blue dress, a white apron and a blue bow. She lands on a giant mushroom when she sees a big, brown toad next to her, with luminous eyes and a collar (the Hypnotoad from Futurama). She then turns and suddenly find herself in the golden throne room à la Pan's Labyrinth. She sees the king Homer and queen Marge, holding Maggie, sitting on two high thrones, while small, blue fairies are flying around her. Under the thrones, Pan (aka Bart) bows to her. Lisa then looks up, as the camera pans up to the TV, which shows the Created by/Developed by credits in green.
Behind the Laughter
- Homer looks like a zombie from the movie The Devil's Backbone whose director is Guillermo del Toro himself.
- The scene where Lisa falls down the hole is a reference to the same scene from Alice in Wonderland. Also, Lisa wears Alice's classical dress and apron.
- After Lisa lands on a mushroom, she sees the Hypnotoad from Futurama, which is a parody to the giant toad from the movie Pan's Labyrinth.
- The throne room scene is a reference to the ending scene from Pan's Labyrinth whose director is also Guillermo del Toro himself. Lisa is Ofelia, Homer and Marge are Ofelia's real parents and Bart is Pan. Fairy guides are there, too.
- There is also a cameo appearence of a jaeger and a kaiju fighting, a reference from Pacific Rim by Guillermo del Toro himself.