- (Homer tucks Bart in)
- Homer: Well, good night, son.
- Bart: Um, Dad?
- Homer: Yeah?
- Bart: What is the mind? I-is it just a.. system of impulses, or... is it... something tangible?
- Homer: Relax! What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
- (Homer laughs)
- Bart: (unconvinced) Th..anks, Dad...
- Homer: Good night, son.
- (Homer turns off the light and leaves - although Bart remains confused)
- (Marge tucks Lisa in)
- Marge: Good night, Lisa...
- Lisa: Good night, Mom...
- Marge: Sweet dreams...
- Lisa: Thanks, Mom...
- Marge: Sleep tight...
- Lisa: I will, Mom...
- Marge: Don't let the bed bugs bite!
- (Lisa is alarmed by Marge's last line before turning off her bedroom light and leaving)
- Lisa: Bed bugs?!
- (Marge tucks Maggie in, while singing "Rock-a-bye Baby")
- Marge: Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop.
- (Maggie imagines her as the baby in the song, being shown to the audience)
- Marge: (Marge continues singing) When the wind blows, the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And down will come baby, cradle and all. (while she falls, we zoom into her mouth, then zoom out through her eye.) Sweet dreams... (Marge turns the lights off, leaving Maggie scared)
- (Homer and Marge are in bed talking)
- Homer: We may be the best parents in the world.
- Marge: Mmm... Good night, dear.
- Homer: Good night.
- (the two kiss each other good night, then the Simpson kids come in - Lisa shrieking in sheer terror and Bart perplexed. The children are flailing their arms about erratically, wearing frightened expressions)
- Lisa: MOM!!!! AAAHHH!! AHHHHHHH!! THEY'RE ON THE WINDOW!!!!!! AAHHH!!!!
- Bart: Dad? Man what were you saying dad? I didn't get the thing about the brain and the matter, can you be... more specific?
- Marge: (sighing) Alright... climb in.
- (the kids climb into bed with their parents)
- Homer: There's nothing to worry about, now everyone go to sleep. Good night.
- (the lights turn off, and one by one the family goes to sleep)
- Maggie: Good night.
|◄ All Shorts||Shorts: Season 1 Quotes||Shorts: Season 2 ►|
|Good Night • Watching Television • Bart Jumps • Babysitting Maggie • The Pacifier • Burp Contest • Eating Dinner|