France is a country in western Europe, and its capital city is Paris. It is famous for its food and the Eiffel Tower, as well as many other things most American people don't know about. Bart visited France in a student exchange program with Adil Hoxha. Homer and Carl Carlson visited Paris on a business trip  and the whole Simpson family escaped to France after Bart mistakenly mooned the American flag. Krusty came to France to find Princess Penelope after he left her. The Bouvier family originated from France, and is also implied to be Jacques' country of origin.
Non Canon Appearances
The Simpsons Game
In The Simpsons Game, France is also a place in the eating contest Around the World in 80 Bites. In the level "Medal of Homer", Homer and Bart had to save France by removing all the surrender flags.
Treehouse of Horror
In the Treehouse of Horror VIII segment "The HΩmega Man," Mayor Quimby insults France while telling a "frogs leg joke." France demanded that Mayor Quimby apologize or suffer the consequences. Quimby unwisely refused to apologize and told them to "do their worst." In retaliation the French launch a nuclear attack on Springfield, killing almost everyone except the Simpsons, while mutating several other surviving citizens.
- Episode – "The Crepes of Wrath"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror VIII"
- Episode – "You Only Move Twice" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Das Bus" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Days of Wine and D'oh'ses" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Tales from the Public Domain"
- Episode – "Special Edna" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Brake My Wife, Please" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Bart-Mangled Banner"
- Episode – "Margical History Tour" (mentioned)
- Episode – "The Italian Bob" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times"
- Episode – "Once Upon a Time in Springfield"
- Episode – "Mommie Beerest"
- Episode – "The Devil Wears Nada"
- Episode – "Four Regrettings and a Funeral" (flashback)
- Episode – "To Courier with Love"
- The Simpsons Game Level – "Around the World in 80 Bites"
- The Simpsons Game Level – "Medal of Homer"