Frame Up is a reality TV show which airs on Fox and is produced in Springfield. The Man with the Braces is the host, and Carmen Electra was a guest co-host for at least one episode (the one in which Homer and Marge appeared).
The format of Frame Up seems to be as follows:
- The unwitting participants are manipulated into a situation where if a crime is committed, they will be suspects.
- The crime is staged, and an evidence trail left that incriminates the participants.
- The participants are arrested, given a show trial, found guilty, and sentenced appropriately.
- The ruse is revealed for maximum shock value.
Frame Up has been criticized for the following reasons:
- Wasting the time and resources of the criminal justice system.
- Toying with people's lives for the sake of TV ratings.
Homer's and Marge's Appearance
Homer and Marge were the participants: They were framed for murder and sentenced to die in the electric chair. The charges against Marge were later dropped and she was freed, leaving only Homer under a death sentence. At the appointed time, Homer was strapped into the chair, about to be executed. When the chair's switch was thrown, instead of Homer being electrocuted, a curtain was raised revealing a TV studio, the hosts, and the audience. Chief Wiggum voiced a protest about how much time the police and courts spent on what wasn't even a real case, and a relieved-but-disgusted Homer lectured Carmen Electra about toying with people's lives.
Behind the laughter
- Frame Up is a parody of reality television in general.