Dr. Colossus is a super-villain and a mad scientist, who resides in Springfield.
He is one of Stacy Lovell's many ex-husbands. He later attended Homer's marriage class. Colossus was arrested and locked up at the Springfield Police Station; he chastised Mr. Burns' blocking of the sun as amateur compared his own super villainous deeds. Colossus attempted to flee the cell using his extending Colosso Boots, only to just hit the ceiling and plead "When is my lawyer coming?" He is later mistakenly released by Chief Wiggum (Sideshow Mel arrives to explain that Waylon Smithers is innocent and should be released, but Wiggum releases Colossus before Mel can finish). Wiggum tells him to "stay away from Death Mountain", to which Colossus sulkily replies "but all my stuff is there."
He also appears in The Simpsons: Hit and Run, on billboards advertising the Android's Dungeon. He appears more often in Simpsons Comics. He appeared in The Best of Bart Simpson 3 comic story The Supercat Of Springfield when he tries to kill Snowball II, which is the supercat of Springfield. He also briefly appears in his car in "The Simpsons Guy."
- Episode – "Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy" (photo)
- Episode – "Secrets of a Successful Marriage" (background)
- Episode – "Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part Two)"
- Episode – "22 Short Films About Springfield" (background)
- Episode – "The Simpsons Guy" (background)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- Comic book – The Supercat Of Springfield
- Comic book – Bart Simpson 21 "Batter-Up Bart"
- In the Bart Simpson comic book series, his full name is revealed to be Hector von Colossus.
- Dr. Colossus is actually an escapeé from an in-series comic book\cartoon franchise, where he's the main supervillain. This is why he is colored blue, because in the comic book he comes from, everyone may be colored blue, except maybe for a certain escapeé from The Simpsons universe who is colored yellow...