A DeLorean is an 1980's motor vehicle.
Troy McClure owns a DeLorean DMC-12. He badly damaged it one night by bumping into parked cars because he was trying to drive without his glasses. He then catches Chief Wiggum by surprise by smacking him in the face with the gull-wing door after the police officer asked Troy to step out of the vehicle. The DMC-12 is later seen as his honeymoon car at the end of his wedding to Selma, although the "Just Married" sign on the back of it is misspelled.
- Troy hitting Wiggum in the face with the gull-wing door could be a reference to the scene in Back to the Future Part II (1989), in which Doc Brown does the same thing to Biff Tannen after he tries to shoot Marty.
- Troy brings his DeLorean to his wedding and uses it as his "Just Marred" [sic] car. At the beginning of the second Back to the future movie, Jennifer suggests using Doc's DeLorean to see her future wedding to Marty McFly.
- Troy's DeLorean sounds just the same as the one in the first Back to the Future film (1985), it also seems to have lost it's rear licence plate, which is exactly what happened to the DeLorean in the aforementioned movie.
- A DeLorean is an apt choice for Troy's vehicle as they were both once popular in more or less the same time period (both were also the subject of a scandal/urban legend).
- Troy's career was revived with the help of Selma, and the DeLorean motor car has recently been enjoying a revival.
|Pink Sedan • Orange Station Wagon • Shorts Car • The Homer • Canyonero • School Bus • Blue Station Wagon • Geo Metro • Honor Roller • Lil' Bandit • Troy's DeLorean • Elec-Taurus • Duff Truck • Surveillance Van • Curator • Burns' Limo • Dr. Frink's Hover Car • Springfield Monorail • Pontiac Firebird • Homer's RV • WWII Jeep • Willy's Tractor • Book Burning Mobile • AMC Gremlin • Stutz Bearcat • Plow King • Mr. Plow • Pontiac GTO • Krusty Burger Truck • Springfield Pool Mobile • Duff Party Bus • Frinkosonic MHV • Gone Fission • No Gland Car • Blood Zoni|