- “You should be out in the fresh air kickin' dogs!”
- ―Clifford disappointed at Charles for reading comic books.
| Clifford Burns|
|Relatives|| Wife:Daphne Charles|
Children: Charles Montgomery Burns, George Burns and 10 other unnamed children
Step-Children:Cornelia Burns, Zeph Burns and Cornelius Burns
|Voiced By||Harry Shearer|
Clifford Burns is Charles Montgomery Burns's biological father and a seemingly pleasant man and loving father. He was married to Daphne Burns. His mother was Evelyn Graycomb. He apparently knew of his own father Wainwright's ill-will but was unable to stop Wainwright from abducting his son, adopting him, and corrupting him into a miser. Despite being a seemingly caring and decent father and apparently neglecting his own twisted, heartless father, he has an aggressive and even cruel side. As seen in a flashback in Dark Knight Court, he burned down an entire comic book company to "teach his son a lesson" after he saw Charles reading comic books, as he saw them as a bad influence and would make Charles anti-social, and wanted him to socialize by playing out doors. This shows that although he loved and cared for his son, he was aggressively over-protective. Seeing as he is Wainwright's son, he is probably around the same age as Abraham Simpson I.
- He speaks with a southern accent in Dark Knight Court, but has a "regular" American accent in Rosebud. He also has brown hair in Dark Knight Court and grey hair in Rosebud, which is probably due to him being younger in the flashback of the former.
- Episode – "Rosebud"
- Episode – "Double, Double, Boy in Trouble" (Seen in picture)
- Episode – "Dark Knight Court"
- Book – The Simpsons Uncensored Family Album