Chip Davis was never seen throughout the series. His only (mentioned) appearance was at his funeral when the people of Springfield were remembering how he made an impact on their lives.
- He wrote Hans Moleman's biography.
- He helped Bumblebee Man get over his grief of the death of his parents while they were playing paintball.
- The sign outside of the Springfield Church during the funeral read "Chip Davis Funeral: Springfield's most beloved character that you never saw."
- Homer mentioned that Chip was like the sixth Simpson, though he didn't know why.
- According to Reverend Lovejoy, Chip had many regrets:
- Never ascending Mt. Springfield from the south-face.
- His high school long jump record was wind aided.
- He never broke par on hole 17 at Springfield mini-golf.