Chip Davis has only made one appearance where he is alive. He was Duffman. However, he is likely bisexual since he has a mentioned wife in Four Regrettings and a Funeral. In Four Regrettings and a Funeral, it is his funeral and people the of Springfield were remembering how he made an impact on their lives.
- Episode – "Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words" as Duffman
- Episode – "Four Regrettings and a Funeral" (Funeral)
- He wrote Hans Moleman's biography.
- He helped Bumblebee Man get over his grief of the death of his parents while they were playing paintball.
- The sign outside of the Springfield Church during the funeral read "Chip Davis Funeral: Springfield's most beloved character that you never saw."
- Homer mentioned that Chip was like the sixth Simpson, though he didn't know why.
- According to Reverend Lovejoy, Chip had many regrets, of which include:
- Never ascending Mt. Springfield from the south-face.
- His high school long jump record was wind aided.
- He never broke par on hole 17 at Springfield mini-golf.