The Canyonero is the trademark Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) in The Simpsons. It was endorsed by Krusty the Clown when it first appeared in "The Last Temptation of Krust". It is a large red SUV and was introduced just as the SUV craze began to hit the United States. The design is basically a parody of the large SUV and the "I own an SUV, therefore, I own the road" style of driving. The theme song helps to demonstrate this. Homer buys a red Canyonero in Marge Simpson in: "Screaming Yellow Honkers", but soon realizes he bought the F-series. ("F" presumably means "Female".) The only difference between it and the normal model is the horn and the cigarette lighter being replaced by a lipstick holder. He refuses to drive it, not wanting to be seen as a homosexual; when Marge drives it, it sends her into a state of road rage. It is actually a parody of a Jeep Wagoneer, and while also have similarities to the Ford Excursion. It also worth noting the similiarities in exterior design between the Simpson family station wagon and the Canyonero, from the basic outline to the color. One might say that it is simply the Simpson's wagon on a truck frame and with an angled front fascia.
The theme song was sung by Hank Williams, Jr.
(Hank, Jr.) Can you name the truck with four wheel drive, Smells like a steak, and seats thirty five? Canyonero! Canyonero! Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down, It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown, Canyonero! Canyonero!
(Krusty) Hey, hey!
"Telling it like it is" version:
12 yards long, 2 lanes wide, 65 tons of American pride! Canyonero! Canyonero! Top of the line in utility sports, Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts! Canyonero! Canyonero! She blinds everybody with her super high beams, She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine, Canyonero! Canyonero! Canyonero! Whoa, Canyonero! Whoooooaaaa!
- The Canyonero is technically Marge's car in The Simpsons Hit And Run - and Road Rage.
- 65 tons is a weight heavier than most tanks; likewise, "12 yard long, 2 lane wide" exceeds the dimension of even the largest functional tank in history, the Panzer VIII Maus. http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerkampfwagen-viii-maus-porsche-typ-205-tiger-iip.htm
- The Canyonero is likely a parody of the Ford Excursion.
- Episode – "The Last Temptation of Krust"
- Episode – "Marge Simpson in: "Screaming Yellow Honkers""
- Episode – "Moonshine River"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
|Levels||Level 1 • Level 2 • Level 3 • Level 4 • Level 5 • Level 6 • Level 7|
|Characters||Homer • Bart • Lisa • Marge • Apu • Non-Playable characters|
|Vehicles||Pink Sedan • Honor Roller • Malibu Stacy Car • Canyonero • Pontiac Firebird • 70s Sport Car|
|Locations||Evergreen Terrace • Downtown Springfield • Squidport|
|References/Trivia • Appearances • Extras • Credits • Quotes|