“Can I Borrow a Feeling?” is a sappy love song that Kirk Van Houten records after he and his wife Luann Van Houten divorce in the episode “A Milhouse Divided”. He sings it at Homer and Marge's second wedding to try to win back Luann. The music was written by Alf Clausen and the lyrics by Steve Tompkins. It is the forty-seventh track on the album Go Simpsonic with The Simpsons.
- Uh, I've got something I'd like to say! Would you guys do a favor for a guy in love?
- Band Member #1:
- Band Member #2:
- Band Member #3:
- That's why we're here.
- Uh, hi, everybody! Uh, hi! And hit it!
- (band plays a ballady intro)
- Can I borrow a feelin'?
- Could you lend me a jar of love?
- Hurtin' hearts need some healin',
- Take my hand with your glove of love.
- How about it, Luann? Will you marry me...again?
- Ooh, no!