- “Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger!”
- ―Bart Simpson
Butterfinger is a popular peanut-butter and chocolate candy bar. There have been 150 commercials for Butterfinger which featured The Simpsons beginning in 1988 up through today.
Many of the commercials featured Homer trying to get Bart's Butterfinger, but would be one-upped by Bart each time. Each commercial ended with Bart saying the candy's slogan, "Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger!" In 1999, this was changed to “Bite My Butterfinger!”, then in 2001, it was changed to "Nothing Like a Butterfinger!", while in 2010, a slightly reworded version of the Nobody better lay a finger slogan Nobody's gonna lay a finger on my Butterfinger! was introduced.
Most of these advertisements have been released on The Simpsons DVD sets as bonus features along with other commercials.
All Butterfinger commercials were available on iTunes and Netflix. The following is high quality than the VHS versions of these commercials: The Butterfinger Group (1988), Bully - Maggie's Stick (1991), The Karate Lesson (1992), Butterfinger Ice-Cream Bars (1991), Maggie's Party (1992), Bart's Locker (1993), The Raid (1994), The Shrink, Bart's Homework (1994) and Bart's Nightmare (2001).
On April 1, 2013, Butterfinger announced on their Facebook page that Bart Simpson would again be their mascot. Advertising is expected to come later this year. On September 25th of the same year, Butterfinger issued another "Who Stole Bart Simpson's Butterfinger" commercial/contest, this time on the web.
Other commercials Edit
- The Complete Second Season
- Butterfinger "No Teasing"
- Butterfinger "The Bully"
- Butterfinger "The Shock"
- The Complete Third Season
- Butterfinger "One Less Sister"
- Butterfinger "Good Bart, Bad Bart"
- Butterfinger "Akira - Best Friend"
- Butterfinger "The Big Surprise"
- Butterfinger "The Last Butterfinger"
- The Complete Fourth Season
- Unforgettable Classics
- Butterfinger "Beach-Homer With Crabs"
- KFC "The Big Steal"
- The Complete Fifth Season
- Butterfinger "I've Been Robbed"
- Butterfinger "Crime of the Century"
- T.G.I. Friday's "Homer Simpson"
- Ramada Inn "Ramada's In"
- THX Trailer
- The Complete Sixth Season
- Church's Chicken "Picnic"
- Church's Chicken "Piggy Bank"
- The Complete Ninth Season
- Butterfinger "Aliens"
- Butterfinger "Hit a Homer"
- Butterfinger "Philosophy"
- CC's Chips Australia "Parachutist"
- CC's Chips Australia "Homedini"
- The Complete Tenth Season
- CC's Chips Australia
- Cliff Diver
- Homer Saw
- Hot Foot
- Two of a Kind
- 500 Easy Pieces
- Intel "Homer's Smarter Brain"
- CC's Chips Australia
- The Complete Twelfth Season
- Butterfinger "Butterfingeritis"
- Butterfinger "Bart's Nightmare"
- Burger King "Spaced Homer"
- Red Rooster "Loungearama"
- The Complete Thirteenth Season
- Burger King "Lines Man"
- Burger King "Trick or Treat"
- Burger King "Springfield Hamburger"
- Burger King "Simpsons Watch"
- The Complete Fifteenth Season
- Ritz Bits "Smart Trade"
List of commercials Edit
So far, Bart appears in every Butterfinger commercial (excluding Plastic Underwear).
|October 1, 1988||No Teasing||30 seconds|
|December 31, 1988||The Butterfinger Group||30 seconds||
This is also the very first time Milhouse and Springfield Elementary was shown, but these two wouldn't make their regular debut until Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire. (Since in 1988, Tracey Ullman shorts graphics were shown, so this may be the only time you get to see Millhouse's and Springfield Elementary's design in the shorts.)
|January 1, 1991||The Bully||30 seconds||
Nelson Muntz tries to steal Bart's Butterfinger, but fails to do so.
|April 5, 1991||Bully - Maggie's Stick||30 seconds||
A shorter version of The Bully is shown, then followed by a short commerical for the Butterfinger Ice Cream Bars, with Maggie eating Bart's Butterfinger Ice Cream Bar.
|April 6, 1991||The Shock||15 seconds||
Homer tries to steal Bart's Butterfinger, not knowing it's wired to an electrical current.
|April 7, 1991||The Shrink||30 seconds||
Dr. Marvin Monroe diagnoses a Butterfinger obsession in Bart, who refuses to share with the doc.
|November 2, 1991||Butterfinger Ice Cream Bars||15 seconds||Bart has gotten to Apu's shipment of Butterfinger Ice Cream Bars before everyone else. Apu then throws him out for it.|
|April 3, 1992||The Big Surprise||15 seconds||
Homer wants Bart to give him his Butterfinger, but instead he gets Maggie's pacifier.
|November 2, 1992||The Last Butterfinger||30 seconds||Bart and Homer race to get the last Butterfinger in the supermarket. Homer almost had it, but tripped on a cart, giving Bart enough time to catch it.|
November 3, 1992
|Akira - Best Friend||30 seconds||
Akira tries to take Bart's Butterfinger, but Bart stops him by using his karate skills. Then Bart stops Milhouse from eating a Butterfinger Ice Cream Nugget.
|November 3, 1992||Good Bart, Bad Bart||15 seconds||Bart's conscience decides whether he should share or eat his Butterfinger BB's.|
|December 1, 1992||The Karate Lesson||30 seconds||Akira tries to take Bart's Butterfinger, but Bart stops him by using his karate skills.|
|December 18, 1992||One Less Sister||15 seconds||Lisa tries to help Bart with his math homework. He says the answer is "one less sister".|
|January 29, 1993||The Beach||15 seconds||Bart takes Homer's Butterfinger while he's buried under sand.|
|April 1, 1993||Bart's Locker||30 seconds||
At school, Seymour Skinner and Edna Krabappel tries to get Bart's Butterfingers in his locker, but Bart locks them in there.
|June 6, 1992||Maggie's Party||15 seconds||Maggie is having a party and as Homer goes to bring out the Butterfinger Ice Cream Nuggets he finds they are gone because Bart ate them.|
|September 30, 1993||I've Been Robbed||30 seconds||Someone steals Bart's Butterfingers.
Note: The suspects were Otto, Lisa, Krusty, Nelson, Mr. Burns, and Homer.
|October 30, 1993||Crime of the Century||30 seconds||The thief is revealed to be Krusty the Clown.|
|December 31, 1993||The Dog Biscuit||30 seconds||Bart tricks Homer about eating a dog biscuit during a power outage.|
May 1, 1994
|The Raid||30 seconds||Bart has a nightmare in which the rest of the cast steals his Butterfinger BB's.|
October 1, 1995
Treehouse of Horror: Aliens
|Bart has been abducted by Kang and Kodos who are confused about his Butterfinger. Bart then takes them to his leader, Homer, who gets abducted while Bart is set free.|
|November 12, 1996||The Simpsons Baseball||15 seconds||Bart hits a "Homer" in baseball when Homer tries to steal his Butterfinger.|
|December 31, 1997||Philosophy||
|Martin Prince tells Bart to share his Butterfinger BB's with him.|
|December 30, 1998||Carnival||30 seconds||Homer wants to trade Bart's Butterfinger for a stuffed poodle.|
|January 1, 1999||Smell Your Breath||15 seconds||Bart won't let Homer have any of his Butterfingers.|
|November 30, 1999||A to Z||30 seconds||
Bart and Lisa tease Homer with Butterfinger BB's while he's trying to read to Maggie.
|December 30, 1999||500 Easy Pieces||15 seconds||Bart watches an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon entitled "500 Easy Pieces" featuring a Butterfinger bar.|
|December 31, 1999||Plastic Pants||15 seconds||
Grampa is woken by the crunching sound of a Butterfinger eaten by Lisa. This is the only Butterfinger commercial Bart doesn't appear in. However, Lisa does appear in this commercial.
|February 5, 2001||Bart's Nightmare||15 seconds||Bart has a nightmare that the Kwik-E-Mart is out of Butterfingers.|
|May 1, 2001||Butterfingeritis||15 seconds||Bart discovers that he has a disease called Butterfingeritis.|
|December 31, 2001 (premiere)|
January 1, 2002
|Homer Holer||15 seconds||Homer digs a Butterfinger BB.|
|January 1, 2007||No Teasing (remake of 1988)||30 seconds||Bart gets in trouble for taking his Butterfinger.|
|February 19, 2007||Itchy & Scratchy: Butterfinger Test||n/a||Itchy does a Butterfinger test.|
- In Barting Over, after watching the Baby Stinkbreath commercial, Bart says "I was in a commercial?" and then pulls out a Butterfinger and starts eating it. This is an obvious reference to the commercials.
- Butterfingers are again referenced in Sweets and Sour Marge where Chief Wiggum attempts to burn them, but as he puts it "Even the fire won't take them".
- On a Season 8 DVD commentary, Matt Groening says that Milhouse was created for and first appeared in the commercials.
- The Simpsons "Stolen Butterfinger" in one minute length commercial in "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" on DVD in December 30, 2008.
- In a deleted scene in "I Am Furious (Yellow)", on Bart's trap for Homer, Homer grabs a butterfinger bar but tosses it after realizing it's a Butterfinger.