L"Burning Down the Mouse" is an episode of The Itchy & Scratchy Show.
Plot (Partial) Edit
Itchy is tied to a pole while Scratchy places large amounts of explosives on and around him:
- Sticks of dynamite jammed into Itchy's eyes and ears (Scratchy then lights the fuses)
- A hat and beard molded from plastic explosive and stuck onto Itchy
- Two hand grenades hung from Itchy's ears like earrings
- Two nuclear bombs aimed directly at Itchy's eyes
- Crates of TNT and nitroglycerine, bundles of dynamite sticks, and other assorted explosives stacked around and under the two bombs
Scratchy lights the fuse on a bundle of dynamite sticks, hails a cab, gets in, and drives away. Itchy frantically struggles to escape while the fuses on the dynamite burn shorter and shorter.
Bart, watching the cartoon, says, "My purpose in life is to witness this moment." Just as everything is about to blow up, the Simpsons' TV shuts off.
Doug, one of the trio of nerds staying with the Simpsons at the time, had unplugged the TV to plug in a rock tumbler, By the time Bart and Lisa get him to plug the TV back in, the cartoon is over, showing a picture of an explosion with the words, "The End", inside the mushroom cloud, which may imply that Itchy has died in the explosion and Scratchy finally got his revenge. The children watching in the studio cheer loudly, and Krusty comes on-screen and says, "WOW! They'll never let us show that again! Not in a million years!" Bart and Lisa are anguished about missing the end of the cartoon, and furious at Doug and the other two nerds. Later on, Bart says, "Dad, start diggin' some nerd holes in the backyard."