Batman is a superhero, created by DC Comics. Bart wrote on the chalkboard in one Opening Sequence; "Batman is nothing without his utility belt". Also, Bart's alter-ego superhero, Bartman, is an obvious parody of Batman. Batman was played by Adam West as mentioned in Mr. Plow.
- In Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire, when the 4th grade class started singing Jingle bells for the parents, Bart started singing the Batman version, which got him in trouble.
- In Mr. Plow, Adam West appears when Homer introduces him to the kids, but they don't believe he is Batman, since they were only familiar with the new films (Tim Burton's films at that time); when West shows the children a picture of him and Burt Ward as Batman and Robin, Bart wonders who the hell Robin is.
- In Three Men and a Comic Book, Bart went to to the convention as Bartman (a parody of Batman).
- In El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer), Homer stands in front of the lighthouse light and produces a silhouette. Bart wonders if it is Homer, and Lisa tells him that or Batman really let himself go.
- In I Am Furious (Yellow), Database was buying a Batman action figure for his Batmobile from The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop.
- In Large Marge Bart and Milhouse were watching an episode of the Batman TV series which guest starred a Krusty as the villain Clown Face.
- In Today, I am a Clown, the couch gag featured the Simpsons dressed as the Bat-Family with Homer as Batman the girls as Batgirl and Bart as Robin.
- In Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times, Bart tells a story titled Bartman Begins. The title is a spoof on Batman Begins, although the plot of the story is a parody of Tim Burton's Batman with Bart as Bartman (a parody of Bruce Wayne/Batman), Homer and Marge in a role similar to Bruce Wayne's parents, Abe in a role of similar to Alfred with parodies of villains such as Otto as the Toker (parody of the Joker), Ned Flanders as the Diddler (a parody of the Riddler), and Lenny as Poison Lenny (a parody of Poison Ivy). Lisa appears as a reporter which might be Vicki Vale.
- In Take My Life, Please, it is revealed that Homer refuses to believe Bruce Wayne is Batman, as he thinks since Bruce is busy with his company, he doesn't have time to be Batman
- In The Ten-Per-Cent Solution, Comic Book Guy is seen buying a Batmobile from the 1960s Batman TV series.
- In Dark Knight Court, Mr. Burns is inspired by Batman to become his own version of Batman called Fruit Batman and Smithers pays people to fake the crimes so Burns won't be disappointed. Fruit Batman is a parody of Bruce Wayne/Batman and Smithers in a role similar to Alfred. A few of the characters were dressed as Batman villains with, Homer as Penguin, Lenny as Bane (the The Dark Knight Rises version), Carl as the Joker, Crazy Cat lady as Catwoman, and a villain created specifically for the the episode called Dr. Lenny (not portrayed by Lenny) who is a parody of Hugo Strange.
Behind the Laughter
- Lenny is the only character to have portrayed more than one Batman villain. His roles were Poison Ivy and Bane. In fact, Poison Ivy and Bane were the two of the three villains of the controversial film, Batman and Robin.
- Michelle Pfeiffer and Anne Hathaway who have portrayed Selina Kyle/Catwoman in film have guest starred in the Simpsons as Mindy Simmons and Princess Penelope.
- Eartha Kitt was the first African-American woman to portray Catwoman guest starred on the Simpsons as herself in the same episode with Anne Hathaway as Princess Penelope as one of Krustys Ex-Wife. This was also Kitt's final television role before her death.
- Danny DeVito who voices Homers half brother Herb portrayed the Penguin in Tim Burtons Batman Returns.
- Liam Neeson, who portrayed Ra's-Al Ghul in Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises, also voiced Father Sean.
- Michael Keaton, who portrayed Bruce Wayne/Batman in the Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns, voiced Jack Crowley.