|Bart vs. Thanksgiving||
- Homer: Hello, operator! Give me the number for 911!
- Homer: All right, Bart, that's it! Go to your room! Now!
- Bart: Okay, I'll take some white meat and some stuffing to go and send in the pumpkin pie in about 20 minutes.
- Homer: I said NOW!
- Bart: Mom, do I have to?
- Marge: Yes, you do! I hope you're happy, Bart! You ruined Thanksgiving!
- Bart: All right! Twelve bucks and free grub to boot! Viva skid row!
- Marge: No! No! No! That won't do it all.
- Homer: Yeah, Boy. Get down on your knees and beg for forgiveness!
- Lisa: Yeah! Beg me, Bart. Beg Me!
- Bart: (on knees) Lisa, I beg of you. Please forgive me.
- Everyone: (Laughs evilly)
- Marge: Now we can blame him for everything!
- Homer: It's your fault I'm bald!
- Bart: I'm sorry.
- Abe: It's your fault I'm old!
- Bart: I'm sorry!
- Maggie: It's your fault I can't talk!
- Bart: I'm sorry!
- Uncle Sam: It's your fault America has lost its way!
- Bart: I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!
- Everyone: It's all your fault! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!
- Kent Brockman: Oh, we have lots of names for these people. Bums, deadbeats, losers, scums of the earth, we'd like to sweep these people into the gutter, or if already in the gutter, to some other out of the way place. Oh we have our reasons. They're depressing, their ragged clothes, they're crazy, they smell bad. So every year on one conscience salving day, we toss these people, a bone. A turkey bone. And that's supposed to make it all better.
- Lisa: [as Bart muffles her with a cushion] Mmph.
- Homer: Bart! Stop fighting with your sister!
- Bart: She took my glue!
- Lisa: It's not yours, Bart. This is family glue!
- Homer: Stop it, you two. This is Thanksgiving, so glue friendly or I'll take your glue away and then no one will have any glue to glue with.
- Lisa: Dad, this isn't about glue. It's about territoriality. He only wants the glue because I'm using it.
- Bart: Oh, yeah? Prove it.
- Lisa: [hands him the glue] Here.
- Bart: Hey, man, I don't want your stupid glue.
- Bart: Who the hell is that?
- Homer: Bullwinkle.
- Bart: Who? Wait a minute, who's that?
- Homer: Underdog, don't you know anything?
- Bart: It wouldn't hurt them to use some cartoons made in the last fifty years.
- Homer: Bart, this is the tradition. If you build a balloon for every flash in the pad cartoon character, you'll turn the parade into a farce.
- (A Bart balloon shows up on the television)
- Bart: [as he tries to get the can opener to work] It's broken, Mom. Mom, it's broken. [sings] Mom-it's-brok-en, Mom-it's-brok-en, Mom-it's-brok-en, Mom-it's-brok-en.
- Homer: See, Maggie, those silver-and-blue guys are the Dallas Cowboys. They're Daddy's favorite team. And he wants them to lose by less than five and a half points. Understand?
- TV Announcer: And now, get set for our fabulous halftime show, featuring the well-groomed young go-getters of "Hooray for Everything!"
- Homer: Oh, I love those kids. They've got such a great attitude!
- TV Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, "Hooray for Everything" invites you to join them in a salute to the greatest hemisphere on earth, the Western Hemisphere! The dancingest hemisphere of all!
- Jackie: I have laryngitis. It hurts to talk. So I'll just say one thing... You never do anything right.
- Jackie: At the risk of losing my voice, let me just say one more thing... (everyone listens carefully) ...I'm sorry I came.
- Homer: And Lord, we are especially thankful for nuclear power, the cleanest, safest energy source there is. Except for solar, which is just a pipe dream. Anyway, we'd like to thank you for the occasional moments of peace and love our family has experienced. Well, not today, but... You saw what happened! Oh, Lord, be honest! Are we the most pathetic family in the universe or what?!
- Lisa: Mom, I poured my heart into that centerpiece! Things like that always happen in this family.
- Marge: I noticed that, too.
- Lisa: I saw the best meals of my generation destroyed by the madness of my brother. My soul carved in slices by spikey-haired demons.
- Bart: [after giving blood] 12 bucks and a free cookie! What a country! [passes out]
- Abe: If I'm not back at the home by 9:00, they declare me legally dead and collect my insurance!
- Marge: Homer, this is a terrible thing that's happened, but we can't blame ourselves.
- Homer: We can and will!
- Marge: Children need discipline. You can ask any syndicated advice columnist.
- Lisa: [writing in her diary] Dear Log: My brother is still missing, and maybe it's my fault because I failed to take his abuse with good humor. I miss him so much already that I don't... know... [sobs]
- Bart: Hey, Lis. Lisa. It's me-- Bart.
- Lisa: [sniffles] Bart? Where are you?
- Bart: Shh, I'm on the roof.
- Lisa: Bart, what are you doing up here? Everybody's worried!
- Bart: Really? Did they cry?
- Lisa: Yes.
- Bart: Whoa! Bull’s-eye!
- Lisa: Bart, why did you burn my centerpiece?
- Bart: Aw, come on.
- Lisa: Was it because you hate me? Or because you’re bad?
- Bart: I don't know! I don't know why I did it! I don't know why I enjoyed it! And I don't know why I'll do it again!
- Lisa: Just tell me you're sorry!
- Bart: Why should I?
- Lisa: The only reason to apologize is if you look deep down inside yourself, and you find a spot, something you wish wasn't there because you feel bad you hurt your sister's feelings.
- Bart: Leave me alone.
- Lisa: Just look!
- Bart: Okay, okay. [humming] Looking for the spot. Still checking. This is so stupid. I'm not going to find anything. Just because I wrecked something she worked really hard on, and I made her cr-- Uh-oh. I'm sorry, Lisa.
- Lisa: [hugs Bart] Apology accepted. [kisses Bart and the two of them hug as Homer sees it from the window down below]
- Abe: What's your hurry?
- Homer: This place is depressing.
- Abe: Hey! I live here!
- Homer: I'm sure it's a blast once you get used to it.
- Patty: When is that boy going to apologize?
- Selma: He sure is stubborn.
- Abe: Homer was never stubborn. He always folded instantly over everything. It was as if he had no will of his own. Isn't that true, Homer?
- Homer: Yes, Dad!
|◄ Season 1||Season 2 Quotes||Season 3 ►|
|Bart Gets an "F" • Simpson and Delilah • Treehouse of Horror (aka "The Simpsons Halloween Special") • Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish • Dancin' Homer • Dead Putting Society • Bart vs. Thanksgiving • Bart the Daredevil • Itchy & Scratchy & Marge • Bart Gets Hit by a Car • One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish • The Way We Was • Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment • Principal Charming • Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? • Bart's Dog Gets an F • Old Money • Brush with Greatness • Lisa's Substitute • The War of the Simpsons • Three Men and a Comic Book • Blood Feud|