Always My Dad is an Emmy-nominated song that Lisa wrote and sang in the finale of the Lil' Starmaker competition in the episode "A Star is Torn". She wrote it at the last minute because her father went over to help the competition. The music was written by Alf Clausen and the lyrics by Carolyn Omine. It is part of the twenty-eighth track on the album The Simpsons: Testify. The song was nominated for a Primetime Emmy award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Music and Lyrics in 2005. It lost to "Mary Jane/Mary Lane" from the TV movie "Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical".
- This is our final night! Thirty contestants have already fallen through our Buzz Cola trap door!
- (The contestants are heard yelling for help.)
- Hey, you're supposed to clean this out every night! Whadaya mean "Talk to your chop stuey"?! Neh! Now, let's welcome the first of our two finalists: Lisa Simpson!
- Ladies and gentlemen, I have a confession to make. I didn't have my usual songwriter tonight, so I took a stab at writing my own song. Something that expresses what's really in my heart. Bernie, if you please.
- I'm in the final two,
- I should be happy.
- But all I want to do
- Is spend more time
- With my pappy.
- Now that you're gone, Dad,
- I miss you so much.
- And your threats against teamsters
- And techies and such.
- Your management style
- Is like Attila the Hun.
- You were vicious, malicious,
- But you got the job done.
- I'm sorry I hurt you,
- Now please don't be sad.
- You're no longer my coach
- But you're always my dad.
Ladies and Gentlemen, My Daughter, Lisa Simpson!
- (sobbing) Even the Applause-O-Meter is crying. Ah. That's better. Oh! Ooh! OW!!