Abraham Lincoln (or "Honest Abe") was the sixteenth president of the United States.
In 1860, Mabel Simpson was trying to get Virgil to Canada. While on their way, Mabel found that they were on a "MISSING" poster, and that they would most definitely be found because of Mabel's large hair. When he sees their problem, Abraham Lincoln says she can use his hat to hide her hair, and when Mabel put it on, she asked how does she look. When Abraham said that she looks like a pot-belly stove, Mabel gives him a dirty look. After seeing her bad look, Abe defends himself by saying, "Hey, hey. Honest Abe."
Abraham Simpson I was most probably named after him. Since he helped Mabel and Virgil, this may be true.
A squirrel was once found that resembled him.
- Episode – "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" (appears as statue)
- Episode – "Radio Bart" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Marge in Chains" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Selma's Choice" (as a robot)
- Episode – "I Love Lisa" (played by Milhouse)
- Episode – "The Boy Who Knew Too Much"
- Episode – "Summer of 4 Ft. 2" (mentioned)
- Episode – "My Sister, My Sitter" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Bart to the Future" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Helter Shelter" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Today, I Am a Clown"
- Episode – "All About Lisa" (kissing Lincoln Coin)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XIX"
- Episode – "The Color Yellow"
- Episode – "Homerland"
- Episode – "You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee" (in school assembly with Stephen Douglas)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out