Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|A Hunka Hunka Burns in Love||
- The title of the episode is an obvious reference to the line "I'm just a hunka hunka burning love" from the song "Burning Love" by Elvis Presley.
- While walking through Chinatown, the Simpsons pass by a store called Toys "L" Us, a parody of the toy store Toys "R" Us.
- Mr. Burns saying "frabjous day" and "Callooh! Callay!" is a reference to the poem "Jabberwocky" from Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll. Principal Skinner said "Callooh! Callay!" in Season 2's Principal Charming (Coincidentally both those characters are voiced by Harry Shearer). This would later be said by Moe Szyslak in Eeny Teeny Maya, Moe.
- On the news, Mr. Burns mentions that he drives a Bugatti Sexarossa, a reference to the Ferrari Testarossa.
- The dance Mr. Burns does in the club is a reference to the way Shermy dances in "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
- Snake claims he got the cabin hideout from a man named Gustafson, a reference to the film "Fargo."
- The song played during Mr Burns and Gloria's date montage is "If I Don't Have You" by NRBQ. From their album "Wild Weekend."
- Mr. Monopoly steals Burns' date, to which Burns replies: "Between him and Scrooge McDuck all the best ankle is taken."
- Mr. Burns and Gloria eat spaghetti like the dogs in Lady and the Tramp during their date montage.
- When Mr. Burns takes Gloria to his bedroom he says he'll make her forget all about Rudolph Valentino.
- George Takei previously appeared in "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish" and "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo" as Akira and Wink, respectively.
- Mr. Monopoly previously appeared in Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo. The character has also appeared in a number of Simpsons Comics stories.
- This is the first episode to air after The Simpsons Road Rage.
- Mr. Burns mistakes a gentleman's club with pole dancers for a "nude female fire station."
- Homer's list of Mr. Burns' accomplishments: he ran his own casino in "$pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling)"; he stole the Loch Ness Monster in "Monty Can't Buy Me Love"; and he got shot by a baby and blotted out the sun in "Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part One)" and "(Part Two)."
- Snake's mailbox reads, "Snake (AKA Jailbird)," a reference to "Jailbird" being his original character name.
- Stolen items seen at Snake's hideout include:
- This episode was dedicated to the memory of George Harrison, who died on November 29, 2001. A dedication before the end credits shows Harrison with Homer as he appeared in the episode "Homer's Barbershop Quartet."
- In the couch gag, when the spotlight is lighting the sofa part of the sofa is not bright.
- When the Simpson first enters the China Town, they are in the car. However in the next scene, they are walking suddenly.
- When Homer was opening his fortune cookie, the candle doesn't have it wick like in the previous scenes.
- Although the candle wick appears when Homer was complaining about the paper but it appears off.
- When the restaurant manager hire Homer, the gong and it stick are gone from his hands.
- When the camera zooms out after Mr. Burns read the paper, the broken cookie disappears from the table.
- Before Mr. Burns enters the strip club, Smithers' glasses have bold lines for five seconds.
- Mr. Burns and Smithers are passing beside Moe' Tavern. But when Mr. Burns saw Gloria put him an infraction, they are in a corner.
- At the bowling alley, a paper is seen with the name "Jacque" on it. Presumably it is supposed to say "Jacques."
- Gloria' ponytail disappears while she was talking with Mr. Burns.
- Gloria' eyebrows disappears when she lie on Mr. Burns shoulder.
- At a few points during the fire scene, the badge on Mr. Burns' blue sweater is missing.
- When Homer lifts the syringe, the liquid on it disappears.
- If you see when Snake was walking in the parking lot he pass the same cars three times.